This year we welcome managing and casting directors of major houses and festivals in Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, and Spain.
After four intense days of rehearsals and preparation with renowned coaches, you sing directly for major managing and casting directors in the relaxing setting of Sankt Goar, right on the Rhein. These Opera Audition Training sessions stand out from the rest as you receive individual feedback from these professionals whose opinions are the most crucial for anyone who wishes to work as a professional singer in Europe.
There is no upper or lower age limit for participation in our Opera Audition Training sessions, but the program are best suited for singers who are either already singing professionally or are ready to embark on a professional career. Audition repertoire must be chosen pursuant to the singers’ current degree of technical and artistic development, in consultation with their private instructor and the SGIMFA faculty members
2018 Dates and participating theaters/casting directors
Session I: June 11-18, 2018
• Sat. June 16 — Staatstheater Mainz: Stefan Vogel, managing director
• Sun. June 17 — Reisopera Enschede: Nicolas Mansfield, intendant
Session II: June 18-25, 2018
• Sat. June 23 — Theater Gießen: Michael Hofstetter, chief conductor
• Sun. June 24 — Theater Koblenz: Markus Dietze, intendant
Session III: June 25-July 2, 2018
• Sat. June 30 — Oper Köln: Dr. Birgit Meyer, intendant
• Sat. July 1 — Staatstheater Saarbrücken: Bodo Busse, intendant
Session IV: July 2-9, 2018
• Sat. July 7 — Theater Krefeld-Mönchengladbach: Andreas Wendholz, opera and casting director
• Sun. July 8 — Landestheater Coburg: Bernhard Loges, intendant
Session V: July 9-16, 2018
• Sat. July 14 — Teatro di Pisa: Stefano Vizioli, artistic director
• Sun. July 15 — Oper Stuttgart: Boris Ignatov, casting director
Session VI: July 16-23, 2018
• Sat. July 21 — Teatro Real, Madrid: Joan Matabosch, artistic director
• Sun. July 22 — Bühnen der Stadt Heidelberg: Thomas Böckstiegel, opera and casting director
Session VII: July 23-30, 2018
• Sat. July 28 — Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux: Julien Benhamou, opera and casting director
• Sun. July 29 — Baden-Baden Festspielhaus: Andreas Fladvad-Geier, casting director
Session VIII: July 30-August 6, 2018
• Sat. June 30 — Theater Bielefeld: Sabine Schweitzer, opera and casting director
• Sun. July 1 — Festival d’Aix-en-Provence: Alain Perroux, casting director
FULL plan: €980 total, breakdown below:
- Tuition: €630 (8 individual coachings, 2 working sessions with the audition panel)
- Facilities fee: €150
- Housing*: €200 (Monday arrival, following Monday departure)
HALF plan: €595 total, breakdown below:
- Tuition: €365 (4 individual coachings, 2 working sessions with the audition panel)
- Facilities fee: €100
- Housing*: €130 (Thursday arrival, Monday departure)
* Please note that there are no activities planned on arrival and departure dates, and students may choose, if they wish, to arrange their own accommodation.
2018 Opera Audition Training: Apply now!
We receive applications throughout until all spots are filled. While there is no deadline, this is a boutique program open to only 11 participants per session, and many of our sessions sell out. The sooner you apply, the higher the chances to secure a spot in our program.