Conceived to meet the needs of ALL singers and pianists (undergraduate, graduate, emerging and professional singers and pianists) this program offers participants the possibility to delve into opera, art song and oratorio in a nurturing yet highly professional environment.
Our faculty is comprised of renowned, multi-lingual (German, English, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian), internationally active singers and pianists.
The program is open to:
- Individual singers;
- Individual collaborative pianists;
- Singer/pianist duos (Singer/pianist duos receive a 15% discount on each participant’s total tuition and fees)
Tuition and fees is:
- Full plan: €1400
- Half plan: €810
It is comprised as follows:
- Full plan: €945
- Half plan: €560
- Full plan: €195
- Half plan: €120
Housing (shared double-room) and breakfast:
- Full plan: €260 (Monday, May 29 – Monday, June 12)
- Half plan: €130 (Monday, May 29 – Monday, June 5 OR Monday, June 5 – Monday, June 12)
Students may choose to arrange their own accommodation.
Monday, May 29, 2017 (Full plan)
Monday, May 29, 2017 (half plan, week 1)
Monday, June 5, 2017 (half plan, week 2)
Monday, June 12, 2017 (Full plan)
Monday, June 5, 2017 (half plan, week 1)
Monday, June 12, 2017 (half plan, week 2)
*Please note that there are no activities planned on arrival and departure dates!
- Susanna Klovsky, pianist and coach
- Swetlana Meermann, pianist and coach
- Falko Hönisch, baritone
- Dr. Emilio Pons, tenor
Each student receives:
- 18 individual forty-minute lessons (Full plan) or
- 9 individual forty-minute lessons (half plan)
- 4 studio master classes (full plan) or
- 2 studio master classes (half plan)
Repertoire must be chosen pursuant to the singers’ current degree of technical and artistic development, in consultation with SGIMFA faculty members.
Students are hosted on a double-room basis in a beautiful, fully remodelled, 1892 villa on the bank of the Rhine river.
Students participate in a public student concert.
In order to be accepted, you must meet one of the following criteria:
(a) be recommended by a SGIMFA faculty member;
(b) submit an unedited video audition (YouTube link) for review by our admissions committee.
In addition, you must complete and submit our application form and pay a $35 application fee.